West Roane County Volunteer Fire Department Service Call Statistics
Photo# 69 from the Photos section; click to zoom (173 kb).
1. See also: National Fire Statistics from USFA
Response Statistics, FY 2013-14:
SERVICE CALLS: FY 2013/14
|TYPE OF CALL
||AVG# PERS.: SUPPORT/ EMS/ OTHER
||AVG# APPARATUS: SUPPORT/ EMS/ OTHER
|Action taken, other||0||0.00%|
|Salvage & overhaul||1||0.45%||8/0/0||1/0/0||2||2|
|Emergency medical services, other||78||35.45%||0.55/1.47/0.01||0.21/0.81/0.01||1.28||100.17|
|Provide first aid & check for injuries||60||27.27%||0.17/1.8/0||0.02/1/0||1.24||74.18|
|Provide basic life support (BLS)||1||0.45%||1/3/0||0/1/0||3.87||3.87|
|Hazardous condition, other||1||0.45%||5/2/0||2/1/0||16.1||16.1|
|Decontaminate persons or equipment||0||0.00%|
|Establish safe area||3||1.36%||3.33/1.67/0||1/1/0||4.01||12.02|
|Systems and services, other||1||0.45%||5/0/0||3/0/0||1.33||1.33|
|Restore municipal services||1||0.45%||5/0/0||2/0/0||3.5||3.5|
|Assist physically disabled||7||3.18%||2/1.29/0||0.14/0.71/0||1.27||8.87|
|Information, investigation & enforcement, other||3||1.36%||2.33/0/1||1.33/0/1||1.11||3.33|
|Undetermined (conversion only)||3||1.36%||6.67/0/0||2/0/0||28.03||84.08|
|Mutual Aid Given Incidents ||26|
At the request of the Department of Homeland Security in its Emergency Management and Response - Information Sharing and Analysis Center (EMR-ISAC) INFOGRAM 2-08 of January 17, 2008, response capabilities of emergency services organizations such as West Roane County Volunteer Fire Department, including rosters and equipment lists, should no longer be included on public web sites. To this end, portions of these statistics have been removed. Thank you for understanding.
- Our members are kept very busy:
- WRCVFD responds to approx 200 to 300 fire and medical calls per year.
- Each department member trains several hours each month.
- Many hours are also spent on administrative and maintenance duties.
- Most of the repairs to the equipment and vehicles are done by the department members.
- All members serve as volunteers and no one receives pay for their services.
- WRCVFD achieved an ISO Rating of Class 5/8b effective March, 2014.
- Our service area is diverse:
- 5th District of Roane County
- 53.3 square miles
- 4373 residents
- 8 miles of I-40 interstate highway
- 10 miles of railroad
- 85 hydrants
- 69% forest, 21% grassland, 10% roads and other areas